2016 Success: Innovative Ideas Raised Thousands for our Girls
Hurrah! We at KEEP are jumping up and down with gratitude to our fabulous supporters! Thanks to your generosity, we reached our 2016 goal to sponsor the tuition for every sixth grade girl at the Kakenya Center for Excellence. A heartfelt, enormous THANK YOU to you all!
A few creative community members dreamed up new ways to support our girls. Three cheers for these resourceful and inspiring donors:
- Rayna, a seventh grader at John Jay Middle School, baked delicious goodies to fund raise for KEEP as part of her Bat Mitzvah project.
- James Marcotullio and his Model United Nations Club at Pelham Memorial High School collected money for KEEP as part of their MUNC conference activities.
- Two local women chose to recognize their milestone birthdays by asking for contributions to KEEP in lieu of birthday gifts.
- Jenn Summer’s Girl Scout Troop selected KEEP as the recipient of their fundraising efforts this year.
- “The Lovely Ladies of the Book Club” in Katonah chose to skip their usual Secret Santa gift exchange in favor of sponsoring a KEEP student.
- Karli Thea, Maddie Slogoff, Hunter McKendry, and Katherine Corsello donated the proceeds of their lemonade stand sales to KEEP.
- Rachel Izes honored each of her children’s teachers at KES and JJMS with a holiday contribution to KEEP. Many teachers responded by telling Rachel how honored they were to receive such a meaningful gift. One wrote, “I was touched by your kind, thoughtful and meaningful donation in my name to the Kakenya Center. Literacy for the world and especially for girls is such a terrific cause!”