Game on! Local women enoyed spirited doubles play for a good cause at the first annual KEEP Invitational. The event was held at the Saw Mill Club in Mount Kisco, NY, last Sunday afternoon, July 23. Donations and raffle tickets raised $850. The funds will more than cover a year’s tuition for two girls in the seventh grade at the Kakenya Center for Excellence.
The fun and successful fundraiser was made possible by the enthusiasm and generosity of many people. KEEP appreciates everyone involved: the players, the Saw Mill Club for donating use of the courts, and Saw Mill tennis pro Richard Finn who inspired and directed the event.
Five players won fabulous raffle prizes from these generous donors:
- a gift certificate from Ebba boutique in Katonah
- a gift certificate from Pedigree Ski Shop & Tennis in Bedford Hills
- a massage from Irene Marks, L.M.T., at Healing Hands of Thyme at the Katonah Healing Arts Alliance
- a nutrition consultation from Rita Rover, MA, MS, RD, in Northport, NY
- a tennis lesson from Richard Finn of the Saw Mill Club
The festive afternoon was capped off by Wimbeldon-themed refreshments of Pimm’s Cup and tea sandwiches as well as prizes celebrating top players and humorous achievements.
KEEP is planning to organize a paddle tennis event this winter and hold the second KEEP Invitational in the spring.